Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Growing Up, Part 2

Well today it is official - my baby is growing up. Even though she has been sleeping in her big girl bed for a little while, today I finally took down the crib this morning. There is something about taking down the crib that makes me a little sad. It means that I do not have a baby anymore - but a little girl. I think that it might be the last time that we have a crib up in our house (but only God can change that if He wanted to add a surprise to our family-and it sure would be a surprise). So now Mollie's room is without a crib.

I can also tell that she is just growing so much. She is only 2.5 years old and wearing 3T stuff and some of that is getting short and a little small. I cannot believe how much she is growing, mainly because Parker (who is almust 6) still has 2 pair of shorts that are 24 months that he can still wear! (But they are getting small - I have come to question the actual sizing of those shorts too!)

And Parker is starting kindergarten Aug. 10. I cannot believe that my sweet boy will be in "big boy school" soon. He is also getting to the point that he is getting too big for me to carry or pick up (not that he wants me to do this at all - but it is something about being able to pick up and hold your babies). But at least we will always be able to hug.

As I write about these changes, I think about something that someone once said - "Enjoy each time period that your child is in. Don't wish it away nor wish it back. Just enjoy where they are now." So I am going to try to do that and just enjoy this time in our lives watching my little kiddos go into a different time period in their life.

No comments:

Post a Comment