Monday, August 9, 2010

Bitter sweet

Well, I cannot believe it - Parker starts kindergarten tomorrow morning. His last day at the CDRC was Wednesday, July 28 - and now he will be in "Big Boy School," as he calls it. We met his teacher today. I am excited for him but yet very sad at the same time. I cannot believe that he is starting kindergarten!! It feels like just yesterday he was Mollie's age. Time really does go by fast. I have really been praying for Parker and his kindergarten teacher - that he will make good friends, show good behavior and most of all be sweet to everyone. As much as I want Parker to be smart (the teacher in me has been working on reading, writing and math before kindergarten), I most of all want him to show the fruits of the spirit to everyone. I want him to be sweet, respectful and kind to everyone most of all.
Since I have to be at work and ready for my students tomorrow, Dane and Mollie will be taking Parker to his first day of school. As much as I want to be there, I know that I would be a basket case if I had to drop him off. Dane, on the other hand, will hold it together. The school is even having a Boo-hoo Breakfast for all the kindergarten parents to help them adjust too. If you are reading this, I would love all the prayers possible for my sweet little boy (and Dane and I) as he starts kindergarten. I will be posting pictures soon!

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you and Parker! It will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That one made me cry....I know he will do GREAT! xo

    ReplyDelete