Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Designer Stuff...???

Why is it that people care about designer labels? I just do not understand it. Now, I will say that before I was walking with the Lord, I did care about designer labels. I had to have Guess Jeans, D&B purse, etc. However, now, I think, it cost how much??!! I just cannot fatham paying $300 for a bag, or $100 for a pair of shoes, etc. It is so worldly. That money could go else where. Shoes are shoes - they all cover your feet. And even with that some of the expensive ones are probably the most uncomfortable! Purses are purses - they all carry your things. I can buy one that costs $30 that does the same thing as one that cost $300. Now, anything that I have for me or my children that is any type of designer, I definately did not pay the price. I probably got it from Little Lambs or something similar, or it was bought for them by a family member. However, someone once said that the expensive things last longer. Probably a little truth there, because they might be made a little better (maybe) but after a while, I am sure it "goes out of style," and then one would want the newest designer purse or shoe, etc. So is it really important for it to last long? It just bothers me when people are so concerned with name brands and the up-to-date styles - that they are willing to sacrifice things or go into debt for them. Is that a crazy thought, or do I just need to keep up with the times? (Sorry I just had to vent a little there....)

1 comment:

  1. Well, you might be asking the wrong person. I hate to say I don't think it has anything to do with when you started walking with the Lord, but everything to do with you having children. You just can't think of spending the money b/c you think about what you could do for your kids with that money. And I commend that. But I know people in ministry work that wear designer jeans and have designer bags....I'm just sayin...
    And yes, a classic black Coach will NEVER go out of style! :) love you!

    ReplyDelete